Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Premier Night Menu

Sometime during the year Grey's Anatomy became a time when I could catch up with certain folks in my life (and I'm not talking about McDreamy or Evil Spawn) whose busy lives didn't always intersect with mine. On occasion we'd make a night of it and cook dinner and yammer until the show started. Other evenings were about efficiency and we'd tape the show to watch commercial free. Tomorrow marks a new season, and rather pressed for time, I decided to host a simple dessert night straight from the grocery store shelves.

Ghirardelli Double Chocolate brownies - yes, from a box, but so wonderful that I've pretty much given up on making them from scratch anymore. They contain chocolate chips and always turn out perfectly gooey. They're in the oven as I type. For calcium lovers, vanilla black raspberry ice cream. For fruit lovers, boysenberry and raspberry sorbet. And for those who crave salt, popcorn, straight out of the microwave. I can't remember the last time I bought popcorn, but staring at all the versions that populate the store shelves made me a little dizzy. I actually spent five minutes picking up various boxes and comparing the nutrition labels. What did I learn? Not much.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum... boysenberry sorbet is what I'm looking forward to! That and McDreamy's adorableness, even if he did screw up Meredith.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to indulge in dessert-y goodness with you for a Grey's Thursday.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home