Sunday, September 03, 2006

Three More Reasons to Love Sunday

1. Bistro Maxine
2. Farmer's Market
3. Queen of Sheba

On our way to the farmer's market this morning, we detoured to Bistro Maxine, a sunny creperie in the heart of downtown Palo Alto. Canary colored walls and cute iron-footed tables made a good first impression which was bested only by the breakfast special of cappuccino, orange juice, and a banana and nutella crepe. I thoroughly enjoyed the chewy crepe and look forward to returning for a savory buckwheat edition.

Bistro Maxine - 548 Ramona Street, Palo Alto



Next up was the farmer's market. Though I spent my summer wandering through winter markets all over Australia, I've dearly missed plucots, plums, peaches and nectarines. Not to mention pretty things like heirloom tomatoes, beets, and strawberries. Some of our finds...

Heirloom Tomatoes & a bit of squash too

The Peach Parade

Glorious Beets

And finally, to Queen of Sheba for lunch, where I dined with friend Charles on delicious things the names of which I know not, but I'm sure I'll be back for more. Time to educate myself on Ethiopian cuisine and perhaps on public transport too. If you haven't got a car and want to check out the injera at Queen of Sheba yourself, Charles has his excellent train/walking/strawberry adventure written up at Car(e)free in California.

Queen of Sheba - 1860 The Alameda, San Jose

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica! I knew you loved food, but this site blows my mind! I may have to start stalking you to discover the best places to eat around here. Sadly, the pictures you include here inevitably make my stomach growl, so I can no longer check your blog in class. :-)

P.S. I love Ethiopian food... have you been to "Zeni" in San Jose? Mmmmm.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely pics! I love buckwheat pancakes... buckwheat crepes? Mmmmm...

Hey, did you hear? So sad... Go to my blog.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home