Thursday, October 12, 2006

New Old Addiction

I've long been a devotee of Girl Scout cookies. It probably stems from my days as a salesgirl, when I went door-to-door and in the process, met my entire neighborhood. The sweet little lady who lives down the street may not know my name, but she still knows me as the Girl Scout Cookie Girl and it's many, many years later.

But I digress. I was a Safeway today perusing the cookie aisle when I was confronted by a horrifically gaudy orange packet that read "Keebler Fudge Shoppe Peanut Butter Filled Cookies." Could these be Tagalongs (though I still refer to them as Peanut Butter Patties) in disguise? It was worth a try. I promptly opened the packet (well, first I paid for them and went home - I do have some restraint!) and ate nearly an entire row of chocolaty-peanut butter bliss. If I closed by eyes I wouldn't be able to tell the Keelber variety apart from my Girl Scout favorites, though the biscuit portion of this cookie is chocolate rather than vanilla.

Girl Scout Cookies arrive once a year. I go to Safeway once a week. Just how bad this might be I can't even fathom.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate Diamond said...

Oh Sweet God. This is news I didn't need to get as I attempt to "healthy" up my pantry...

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if Keebler makes a cookie similar to the Girl Scouts' Samoa... hmmm... Wait, I don't actually want to know the answer to that.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home