Sunday, October 14, 2007

Fauxberry Tourism

Four days, three shops. Sadly it's been several months since the Pinkberry control tasting, but I did stumble upon Harmony yogurt mere days after my Pinkberry experience, so I'm using that as my comparison. None of the local flavors has that special Pinkberry zing, but in a pinch, I'd visit Harmony for a tangy frozen treat. I tasted the plain yogurt flavor at each locale to be fair.

Harmony (San Carlos) - It's cold like pinkberry, smooth, and yogurty without being artificial. The shop is also pleasingly clean. I happened upon this while driving to a meeting, did a double take, and then stopped for a snack. I'm starting to like it plain without any fruit toppings. Thumbs up.

Fraiche
(Palo Alto) - I didn't love the extra sweet note in this yogurt.

Papamingo
(Berkeley) - It starts with an exceedingly tart note and ends with lemon. Not my favorite.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate Diamond said...

Wow. You impress me. Lately I've been eating anything that's quick. Taste and health really don't enter into it... teach me the ways, E!

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home