Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Breakfast of Champions

I always forget that I like donuts not piping hot, but after they're had time to cool a little. Even so, I was so excited about by first visit to Stan's Donuts in nearly a year that I started eating right away. Warm yes, but also doughy and seemingly underdone. After I'd had a chance to get my coffee, I had another bite and it was gloriously restored. Light, satisfyingly sweet and almost eggy, the donut was exactly as I remembered, the best donut in the universe; others are inevitably bland. The crunchy glaze falling in pieces all over me was the only downside of this particular pastry.

And if that wasn't enough, I had to have a cake donut too. It's always a dilemma. I'm glad I got both.

2 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

of the things I miss about the East coast, two words:

"Dunkin Donuts"

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duh! Donuts...I have not idea why I have I neglected this study super food thus far. I shall rectify this ASAP.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home