Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Part III: Kara's Cupcakes

I was totally misguided in thinking that I could just wander in and out of Sprinkles on opening day, so much so, that I actually stopped in at Kara's Cupcakes in the midst of my Sprinkles field trip. I wanted to see what local standards were like. It was three minutes before closing when I arrived, and there was exactly one cupcake left in the entire shop. I can't even remember the name of it, but when I asked the lone person about the lone cake, she pointed out that it featured a passion fruit filling. I bought it.

Later that evening, during the Sprinkles' sampling, we each tried a bite of the Kara's Cupcake. Bleh. The passion fruit curd was heavy on the butter, and I found the white cake entirely too sweet.

Cute store that it was, I decided that Kara's Cupcakes merited another visit at a later date. On my return visit, I had a cupcake that featured chocolate, salt and caramel. It was okay, but the cake was a bit tough. Pretty store, pretty cupcakes, but probably not a regular stop for me.

Tomorrow: Off to New York!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home