Thursday, October 26, 2006

It's All about the Sugar

I'm used to Halloween being an ode to candy and so I happily stock up on chocolate sweets each year, hoping that trick-or-treaters will actually stop by for some sugary goodness. And since I consistently (and optimistically?) overestimate the trick-or-treater flow, I fully expect to be stuck with leftover Snickers and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups this year. Costumes and candy I get, but since when did inflatable pumpkins and life-sized ghosts and Halloween lights have a place on this candy-filled day?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

in college, my friends and i once went trick or treating, and the guy looked at us and said you don't get any candy, and came back and gave us cans of beer. ahh the corruption of youth...

12:39 PM  
Blogger RenĂ©e said...

You don't fool me. You buy extra candy hoping there will be leftovers. That's what I do.

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home