Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Why I have a Palm Pilot

I thought I'd make restaurant reservations in advance for my NYC dinners, not all of them, but for a couple that require advance planning. Turns out the "reservation book doesn't open" until a month prior to the date requested. Yes, that's their phrase and not mine. I can handle a little stuffiness for a truly spectacular meal, so I've marked my calendar with a variety of dates during which I will crawl to the phone at 6AM to make sure I can get through on the "reservation line" once it opens. And yes, I did verify the phone numbers. No sense in getting up early and dialing the wrong number!

I shall leave the restaurants a mystery until I've secured bookings. And I do have a contingency plan in case I can't get reservations at my top choices. I thought about making a flow-chart but decided that might be carrying things a bit too far. Instead, I programmed a series of restaurant numbers into my phone. And set an alarm on my Palm Pilot.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two NYC restaurants: Kai and Yasuda. Two words: DE-LISH.

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SAPA. On 24th between 5th and 6th

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home