Tuesday, February 13, 2007

10 Weird Things About Me

1. Sometimes I think I'm the last Californian who has been to neither Hawaii nor Vegas.

2. Try as I might and ridiculous as I may sound, "dude" and "yo" are just indispensable parts of my vocabulary.

3. I love substituting Kahlua for vanilla extract.

4. Every time I hear "The Lonely Goatherd" from The Sound of Music, I wish I knew the lyrics. A dear friend even went so far as to send the lyrics to me and I still cannot keep them in my head despite being able to sing along to the rest of the movie (except "Climb Ev'ry Mountain" which really doesn't count since it's so awful and everyone fast-forwards that bit of the movie anyway). The yodelling is just so intoxicating!

5. The shorter I cut my hair, the more likely it is to get caught in the car door.

6. I've been to the The Birthplace of America - Alexandria, MN. No, I haven't figured out why it's called the Birthplace. Something about runestones?

7. The only thing I have in common with birds is that shiny objects attract my attention.

8. When buying new books I'll actually go through the entire stack looking for that perfect one without bent corners or a smashed spine or a scuff on the cover.

9. I love fresh mint and can't deal with the artificial stuff. Except for toothpaste and gum.

10. I live in California and have a fascination with hats and scarves and winter coats. And I actually wear them when it's cold out. Truly, it gets cold here.

1 Comments:

Blogger RenĂ©e said...

Ha! I look for books without blemishes, too. If I'm going to pay full price for a book, it better be perfect.

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home