Saturday, April 28, 2007

Two Books

Snail mail is a wonderful thing, and I was surprised and delighted to receive Life is Meals (James & Kay Salter) in last week's mail. There's an entry for each day spanning an entire calendar year, totally random, covering topics from glassware to pasta shapes and even doughnuts (their spelling, not mine). To say that it's like reading the dictionary would be misleading, since the entries are engaging and personal, but they're also packed with information. And as far as aesthetics (because I do adore good-looking books) this one features beautiful colors, drawings, and the perfect heft and proportion for a bedtime read. It's difficult to not read a month at a time.

A less educational, but awfully entertaining read is Girl Cook (Hannah McCouch). It's classic chick lit, down to the fuchsia letters on its cover and the sassy protagonist who's young, though neither British nor in publishing. A fine addition to my collection of pink books, I flew through it in hours.

1 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Ah, how I miss your supply of pink books! I should buy one or two now that summer is coming up...

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home