Thursday, December 25, 2008

Part IV: Buttercup Bake Shop

With 11 hours in New York City, what's a girl to do? Much planning, if she wants to have multiple snacks. I knew it was a mostly midtown day, and a friend had told me there was a Buttercup Bake Shop on the East Side. Shockingly enough, and to my delight, I found someone willing to go on snack crawl with me. First to Pinkberry (how could I not?) and then to Buttercup, where I had a red velvet cupcake. It was only the arrival of dinner that made snack time come to an end.

The cake itself was a bit on the dry side. It was also an almost fluorescent shade of pink which I found alternately awesome and disturbing. Nice sugar balance in the frosting and I definitely enjoyed the sugary sprinkles. Most enjoyable, perhaps, was the retro bakery ambiance.

Tomorrow: Going in Circles...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home