Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wednesday Part I

Arrived in Sydney this morning on the four hour (read: too short) red-eye flight from Perth, only to find that my 8 hour layover had been extended to 16 hours. Perhaps it was a good thing, because I was finally able to taste a Caramel Slice, the ubiquitous baked good that is a layer of shortbread (with coconut mixed in if I'm not mistaken), a thick layer of baked caramel, and a chocolate top. One bite was more than enough as the sugar content was ridiculously high.

Packing my bags to come home was an ordeal, but I managed to squeeze in 9 packets of Tim Tams. I was very careful to provide cushy clothing layers all around, so I have high hopes of unbroken biscuits. We shall see.

Next on the agenda - a few hours with my pals at Quantas. They serve ice cream on the plane! Clearly, this airline knows how to keep customers happy....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home... soon! I love that you're still in Oz. Safe flight, safe journey home.

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! And I brought home a good 13 packs of Tim Tams, too. Almost done.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home