Friday, August 04, 2006

Another Good Reason to Own a Teapot

The flyer said half price teapots. Who wouldn't check it out?

Turns out, the World Bar in Queenstown serves sweet, yummy, oddly tea-colored cocktails in teapots. They have fruity ones, milky ones, and even caffeinated ones. The trick appears to be mixing the drinks in a cocktail shaker and then straining them into the pots. The difficulty is in pouring the elixirs into pink plastic shot glasses. A cute if not messy kind of tea party. Now, if only they had scones...


2 Comments:

Blogger Kate Diamond said...

I have begun coveting a teapot. It's on my list of things to buy once I actually start getting paid. (Yes, there actually is a list. I could show it to you. It's color-coded and has checkboxes.)

The teapot in question is from Crate and Barrel. The Audrey pattern. Go look at it. You know you want to. So pretty.... covet, covet...

5:28 PM  
Blogger RenĂ©e said...

I want a teapot too! As with all other things, I'm waiting until I have a place of my own, without lots of roommates, so I can actually have a place to put it.

The danger in waiting is that I begin to think, "Hmmm...I could MAKE a teapot." I always get it into my mind that I can make whatever it is that I'm coveting, despite a less-than-stellar track record of success. Oh well.

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home