Sunday, July 30, 2006

Christchurch is like California

In Oz it's called Hungry Jack's. In New Zealand it's back to Burger King. I feel like I'm home again.

There's the Big Mac Index - a price comparison of Big Macs around the world. J introduced me to her McDonald's ice cream index. In Brisbane it was 50 cents. And then we walked into Hungry Jack's and found cones for 30 cents. Of course, we had to do a comparison (taste, not price!). She conducted her tastings over two days while I did mine over two hours. We concluded the 20 cents extra was worth it. The ice cream was not a cloying vanilla flavour(!) and the cone was fresh (though still disturbingly orange-hued).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'flavour' my gosh you've gone Commonwealth! resist the extra effort of writing that extra 'u' like a good American --cw

4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soft serve cones in NZ are 50 cents too!

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home