Sunday, July 30, 2006

Food So Good You Wish You Were Drunk

Yes, that's right. Christchurch has amazing drunk food. In my case, it was the "I arrived at midnight without dinner food." The sign said Fish and Chips, but they also served donuts, burgers, hot dogs, and a variety of other seafood (mostly fried). Walking through Cathedral Square to this fine establishment, a man played a reedy pipe and two girls did their interpretive dance. It was 1AM. I gave them $3 and they tossed a basket of chips into the vat of bubbling oil, with a piece of fish too for good measure. I carried my newspaper wrapped bundle back to the hostel where I collapsed onto a couch and dug in.

The problem with arriving at midnight is that I missed town's birthday celebration where they made a 150m carrot cake...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home