Monday, July 31, 2006

The Hokey Pokey

I thought it was a brand, but it turns out Hokey Pokey is an ice cream flavor here in NZ (pronounced En-Zed). Four of us went through a 2 L container last night. I mean, the New York Times quoted an expert just this week who said the only way to prevent ice crystals from forming is to never leave a container of ice cream unfinished. I fully endorse the line of thinking.

But what is the Hokey Pokey, besides a silly little dance? Vanilla ice cream studded with caramel covered toffee chips. Great mouthfeel and flavorful too! I'm quite a fan of the super creamy, yet airy ice cream that dominates the market here. Not much superpremium ice cream to be found in Oz or NZ, but their mainstream stuff is mighty fine.

Another new ice cream discovery - served with kiwi, apples and granola. Almost too healthy for me, but it added a nice crunch to the mix.

1 Comments:

Blogger RenĂ©e said...

I agree! It's very important to eat all your ice cream in one sitting.

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home