Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I'm sure someone ordered the turkey.

But what if no one did?

This was my first thought when I woke up yesterday. I spent the better part of my day trying to put the thought out of my mind, that we might have created shopping lists, sans the main ingredient. I imagined Chef showing up Thanksgiving morning, telling us we should get to work on the turkey and me asking him where it was, only to find out the mutual answer was "I thought you were supposed to get it." I tried to acclimate myself to the idea of Thanksgiving Chicken. Thanksgiving Game Hen. Thanksgiving Steak. Somehow it didn't have the same ring.

I finally called Chef to see if we were having turkey at our table (besides the construction paper version).

Thanksgiving Turkey it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home